Californian Hello

Juized

Hello Everybody,

My name is Julian, and I'm a 25 year old mechanic who has a burning desire to be able to say that I've created my own power wall, with the ultimate goal of running my BTC miner for free! I do realize that with the difficulty level of the mining capabilities of most cryptos I will not really be able to turn a profit. That is OK, my main goal for mining is political, I feel there is a need to decentralize mining away from the huge massive mining projects in CHINA.

Anyway as for the technical aspects of my build I was planning on building a battery. I haven't really decided on the capacity that i would like my battery to be but as far as i can tell i can always add cellsto make more Amp hours as long as i maintain my voltage. The Charger/Inverter i wanted to use is the PIP5058HS, a 5000 watt 48 volt inverter. I have 5, 315 watt, Jinko panels and am wondering what else i would need in order to complete my build. It seems that everyone system is set differently ( as in they use different components) and yet most of you are able to achieve the same goal, FREE SUSTAINABLE ELECTRICITY.

Some people use BMS systems to manage their battery balancing which makes sense if you really know what your doing.BUT with mebeing a novice i don't really think they are that necessary at the moment and seeing that the start kit is $650.
Anyway i kinda just wanted to introduce myself and maybe get some feedback as to if im on the right path or not!

Cheers

People that dont know about the BMS should DEFINITELY have a bms. The BMS is a battery management system that protect the battery bank from issues. So I think you got that the wrong way around. Batrium is expensive but you get what you pay for. You can get something else but its all about what you gonna pay for your battery bank?

My battery bank have costed around 13000 USD. THose 650 for the BMS is nothing and I actually have 3 of them now...

What you need to complete it depends on what you got.

Between solar and inverter you need/should have: Lightning protection, Breaker or some kind of switch. Fusing of some kind and proper cables.
Inverter and battery you need shunt trip breaker and proper fuses
Grid and inverter you need fuses and breaker of some kind.
Same on load side.
Then proper wiring and all.

Note that it depends on where or what the regulations are in your area. In some areas you dont need all things and in some areas Lightning protection might not be needed on others a must.

Welcome btw!

Look into my drawing I got on my page below and for instance Peters (HBPowerwall)

Cheers Daromer!

As far as i can tell you definitely have the authority to tell me that Ishould run a BMS. Somehow youwere even able to write the code on your raspberry to monitors celltemperatures. I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me the crucial ingredients to making a successful solar system. I will definitely look into buying the starter kit once my battery bank is up and running! Oh and quick question wheres a good place to find some cheap 18650's in the States. I've tried going into electronic stores and asking them for their old trash laptop batteries but they have some clause stating that they are now property of the store and cant sell them or give them away. As of now i'm buying lots of dead batterieson eBay

Quick question I'm not to worried about my the local restrictions in my area due to the fact that Im completely off grid and have no ability to grid tie in. And as for lightening protection, is this something i can add into my system later after i get it up and running?
And as for the breakers and wire size in between my panels and PIP5048HS? At first Im only planning on having maybe a 2-3 KwH battery bank, and eventually increasing it to maybe 10 kwH. Should i buy breakers and wires for the 10 kwH system, that way I don't have to buy multiple different components all at different ratings.

I picked up 10 lg battery pack and am awaiting delivery of 50 sona packs. He shipps very fast to California 5 days for first order.
from https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-10-SON...201916138726?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10
I am impressed with his batteries I have tested about 60 cells and i have had one under 2000 mAh, many have been over 2150 mAh.
The ones i posted above should be comparable in quality with just a bit less capacity, but more discharge amps.
Read how people have done there walls. There are many different ways some better than others.
The price per cell is good. While not as cheap as free but you get what you pay for in most cases.
Lightening proctection if you need it should be a priority (most places completely off grid in California this should be a priority.) even if you don't have a powerwall. ie run a generator, solar panels, wind, etc.

later floyd

Back