3 phase inverter

Charly144

Hi there,

I am new to the forum but I have read most of the threads. I like the idea of building my home powerwall... not very surprising though.

I do not have a PV on my rooftop yet but will get one shortly. It will be around 10kWp in order to charge ane-golf or similar, when the car of my wife has to be replaced.

As I am living in Austria, I have to cope with the rule that everything above 3.4kW has to be 3 phase. I am therefore looking for a solution where I can combine the 10kWp PV with a diy battery. Preferably I then have a hybrid inverter which handles the PV as well as the battery and is grid connected.

I have found just one inverter that can handle 10kWp and a battery, but it is quite pricy with round about 5k. As a standard inverter costs around 2k, the extra cost for battery function is 3k but then it makes just few sense to build my own battery. I could go for a real PW2 or similar, spend 8k and get it installed without having anything to do. I know PW2 is not really available and others charge more or have lower capacity, but you know what I mean.

What solutions do you have for such a situation?

Many thanks
Karl

There are a couple of choices its just a matter if you want it to be approved or not :)

MPP 10kW Hybrid that I use and you can find in my below links is one of them. Though not approved in some places.

There are a couple of others but you have to look for 4500EUR and upwards. Hybrid is rather special in terms of how they are setup.

Hi
Thanks for your input. Yes, i want to get my setup officially approved, thats why the MPP may be a bit challenging.

How could a setup look like when I use a standard PV with lets say a simple fronius symo and a separate battery inverter. As far as I know, victron may be one approach. Can victron interact with a smart meter?

Regards
Karl

Those questions I hope someone else can answer. My knowledge to those systems is close to 0 im afraid :) I know there are a couple of threads here with atleast Victron. (Projects)

I think the challenge is on-grid, 48V and 3 phase...

They exist. I have looked at atleast 4-5 other but 4500 -8000 EUR is their price :)

its same as im using but i bought the MPP version

Not sure if voltacon is better or not.
Yes its 3phase. 3.3kW per phase max.

I think it is the same as it looks the same. There are different providers with the same hardware behind.

You are using it fully integrated to the grid on 3 phase mode

How is the battery discharge controlled. Are you using a smart meter and the inverter controls whole process of charging/discharging and so forth...?

Regards
Karl

it IS the same ;) Its made in same factory and Voltacon is one of the main re sellers like MPP and Giant Power among some.

The question is if Voltacon can supply better service or support. I doubt that since most questions goes to the factory in the end.

@daromer: on a slightly shift in topic, do you know of the other resalers that have these labeled as their own? If they are all the same hardware (and potentially any software), it'd be nice to have a list of other resalers to potentially get the best deal from these.

Same hw and same software yes. They are atleat 10+ of them out there. I can compile a list later on.

Back