Newbie in Ipswich

Terry

So, this is my project. To take this 20' shipping container, image_ysbdks.jpg
and convert it into, for lack of a better way of describing it, a diy powerwall including working station, to power my house, so I can take it off the grid, just a bit of an idea of the enormity of this task, my house is a 4 bedroom, with 6 people, 4 a/c, 5 TV, 2 fridges, 2 freezers, and 4 computers, electric hot water, plus other miscellaneous items. On the up side, my first opus is on its way, and I collect my first lot of laptop batteries on Wednesday, so I can start.
I have a feeling its going to be a slow process, and I may even consider including pouch lion batteries if they become available to me and are compatible enough, will have solar panels covering the roof, but will most likely need space for more.

Wow! That's a great idea to use a storage container for the workshop/storage for the cells/powerwalls. Keeps everything safe (inside and out).

4 BR with 6 ppl, sounds like my uncle a decade ago. Had 6 ppl and 2 BR, tho :p
4 a/c - assuming these are window units(?).
is the electric water heater an on-demand one, or a tank? If tank, you have several options to help keep hot water in there. One is solar heating, the other is when you have excess power from your panels, you can dump the excess into the tank.

Looking forward to the building progress :) Oh, and welcome!

A/c is 3 window units, and a 9.8kw split system in lounge room, (420 m2 house), tank hot water, not converted to solar, yet...

So, progress is a little slow on processing cells, however with the recent delivery of some cell holders, and some tp4056 charge boards, things can finally pick up a little speed now. Still in the process of building it but here is my cell processing station
image_feluot.jpg
, as u can see, I like Paul's volt meter on the board idea a fair bit so have added 1 in the centre

I like that you ran independent power for each TP. A great way to minimize voltage drop :thumbs up emoji:

I think I'm gonna incorporate the lcd voltage meter as well. Pretty good way to test a cell b4 charge, during charge, and after charge.

Korishan said:
I like that you ran independent power for each TP. A great way to minimize voltage drop :thumbs up emoji

I think I'm gonna incorporate the lcd voltage meter as well. Pretty good way to test a cell b4 charge, during charge, and after charge.

I used cat5 cable for the power to the tp's
And the mini volt meter is only on the 1 cell holder. So not really useful during charge, but definitely before and after....

Back